19 May 2011

The Comfort of Strangers



This is a very slow, odd, arty, menacing movie. I've seen it twice before and bought the soundtrack because I like the music Angelo Badalamenti wrote for it.

A couple re-visits Venice as they try to decide where their relationship is going. They meet a very odd pair whose actions and words become stranger and stranger.

Walken, as usual, is a bit eccentric but pretty good. Mirren and Richardson are believable and attractive.

The music from this runs through my head so often I decided to rent it from Netflix again but they don't stock it right now. So I bought a British copy for about $9 new. I'm glad I did.

2 comments:

  1. This movie also makes me a bit sad because Richardson (in real life) died young in a crazy accident. I didn't know she was Vanessa Redgrave's daughter!

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/us/19richardson.html

    ReplyDelete