22 December 2009

Common sense wins.

I gave myself a very practical Christmas present: While snowbound I rearranged the bungalow. My furnace is ancient and inefficient but is nice enough to give me huge heating bills. Oddly, for about two years I have spent most of my time in the coldest room in the house. I'm not even sure why I chose to make it my office/DVD-viewing space. Worse, I crammed everything into that room despite the fact I have two large ones that are almost empty. So I finally gave the PC its own room and moved the couch and TV to the room with the furnace. (I suppose I put off moving everything so long because I have a very heavy sofa and I hated the idea of unplugging, moving, and re-plugging my PC and peripherals.) The smartest decision I took was to put the PC and peripherals in the middle of the room so I have easy access to all the cords.

I feel as if I've moved into a better place. Yay for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment