12 March 2010

Now I remember why I don't visit Yahoo! Answers very often.

After being distracted by all the smoking characters in a French movie, I thought I'd go to Yahoo! Answers to see if other people were annoyed by it. Three people said "no.'" That's fine. But one guy gave me this defensive lecture about ethnocentricity, smoking culture, and being brainwashed about the effects of smoking. I was really taken aback. But I remembered how seriously some take even the most trivial matters on Y! A.

I started to respond but realized I would be letting someone else waste my time. I deleted the question, went back to the movie, and eventually stopped watching it because I was tired of seeing people wheeze and cough.

Doe anyone really doubt anymore just how dangerous smoking is?

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/public-health/promoting-healthy-lifestyles/smoking-tobacco-control.shtml

Yahoo! Answers can be a strange world. Once someone reported me because I gave a goofy answer to a goofy question in the Jokes section - in the Jokes section! I told Yahoo! how silly I thought it was and they suspended me. But that, too, is silly because all you have to do is get a new Yahoo! e-mail address and start a new Y!A account.

Perhaps I'm lucky I have time to waste on such matters!!!

Life can be good, eh?

One of the reasons I'm so opposed to socialized medicine is so many people have health problems because of bad choices, Should I pay for the health care of the foolish? How will they learn from their mistakes if other people pay for the consequences? It seems more and more people in the States are becoming responsibility-avoiding and it's starting to trouble me.

No comments:

Post a Comment