05 June 2009

Life can be full of surprises. Look around.

I was feeling a little blue as I walked to the front door to go out and check the mail. I had a headache and was depressed because a moment before I could barely don my shirt because of pain. (Am I developing arthritis?) There was an ad from a local university in the box. When I reached to grab it, I stepped on an Amazon padded envelope. That was puzzling because I was pretty sure I had received all my recent orders.

When I stepped on the package it seemed squishy so I didn't think there was a DVD inside. I opened the mysterious mailer to discover a slick one-volume collection of the comic series Huntress: Year One. A few months ago I had stumbled over the website run by Ivory Madison, entrepreneur and female writer of "my surprise." On the site was an entry to win a copy of the book. When I saw the contest had been running for months and no one had entered, I decided my odds of winning were pretty good.

Guess I was right. I haven't read the glossy-paged graphic novel yet but the art is great.

Don't despair ... a sweet surprise may be just around the corner.

*Squawk!*

Yahoo! won't let me turn off the italics.

Aha! The problem was with Firefox. I used IE to remove the italics. Nice to know IE is good for something!

Illustration is Copyright (c) 2008 DC Comics. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment