06 January 2010

Blessed??? (Update)

In the mail yesterday I received a check from a customer. The amount was $385 short. At first I was worried his wife and he were having troubles and couldn't pay their bill. After calling the wife I learned she had just made an error. She insisted on bringing an additional check to the coin laundry where I was waiting for my clothes to be cleaned by one of the huge Front-loaders. (Front-loaders are very tall Martians who love doing Terrans' laundry.) I told her she could just drop it in the mail but a few minutes later she was smilingly handing me an envelope with a lovely check inside.

That thoughtful service was performed by a woman who is the female half of a couple who have given me a PC; done free work on the PC; helped me find a bungalow; helped me move into the bungalow; given and bought me furniture; built a huge bookcase for me; bought me a year of Internet service after I watched their house and dogs for three weeks; blessed me with generous Christmas gifts; and offered to help me in other ways.

I should never feel as if I'm having a bad day when I know people like them!

P. S. They have an ever better PC waiting for me but I might just save for a bit and buy a new screamer of a machine.
They have since given me a Dell Dimension 2400 PC - not a screamer but an improvement. He has spent may hours fixing bugs and they gave me an expensive surge protector / battery backup for Christmas.

The next time I complain about anything I hope remember to feel ashamed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment