24 September 2011

FREE AND LEGAL BACH!

Wow! SDG is offering free clips from Gardiner's monumental recordings of the Bach Sacred cantatas.


Go to this page. Click on the pic of each cover and you will see where you can stream certain selections. Just click there and your PC will download the music. You will need Real Player but you can get it free and safely. (After you download all you like, just look in the lower right of your screen and click "Show Downloads" so you can find your clips and move them to your music folder, if you like.)

Look at those gorgeous covers reflecting man's beautiful diversity. Bach's music and those photos make me feel ashamed my tax dollars are sometimes used to kill and maim people.

Two things on my "must buy as soon as I get bills caught up list":

1. The extended version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" film trilogy.

2. Gardiner's SDG set of the Bach cantatas.

I only have a tiny complaint: This clips are usually slower bits and I prefer the lively choral sections. But these are beautifully done. Gardiner clearly loves and respect's Bach's genius.

There may be 5 hours of music here!

No comments:

Post a Comment