28 April 2011

I surprised myself just now.

Two months ago I became a member of the Dennis Miller Radio show so I could get mp3s of his broadcast. He can be funny and insightful, though sometimes I wish he would not go for the personal attacks. (I might disagree strongly with a person's politics but I won't mock his/her looks. Isn't that just a bit childish?)

Anyway, the show's site has message boards for members who can post about any topic. They started running ads in the threads and that upset some folks. I didn't mind because they have to make a buck and I'm guessing the show might be losing listeners. (He almost pleads with people to support his advertisers.) One woman complained a bit about the ads because they seem to be difficult to scroll past when she uses her cell-phone. The way one of the staff members responded to her complaint was a bit sarcastic and surprising. It was very puzzling because that woman seems to be a very passionate supporter of the show and its products.

The more I thought about it, the more it bugged me. Even though the show is often funny, sometimes the host and his sidekick are a bit too smug and sarcastic for me. Plus I have a hard time hearing the host on the mp3s.

I looked at my calendar today and noticed it was time to mark the monthly show fee in my checkbook. But I'm still a little disturbed by the way the staffer dismissed
that listener's complaints. So I left a few posts explaining why I was canceling and did so.

Now I'm a Laura Ingraham 365 member. (She's a lot prettier than Dennis Miller, anyway. Heh heh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment