17 December 2010

To honor Baby Zappa, a family dog who was often ignored because we were young and self-absorbed.

Well, I finally did it. I called Animal Control about a dog that keeps barking. I was trying to ignore it but its owners have been leaving it out in the cold. I'm not much of an animal lover but I think they deserve to be treated well because they don't ask to be made helpless and dependent. If I remember correctly, dogs are quite social and if you can't get a dog-buddy for your dog, you should keep it company as often as possible. (It looks as if this one is just left alone in a backyard most of the time.)

I know it's been out in freezing weather a few nights - probably not all night - and it's a short-haired dog.

Maybe I'm doing the owner a favor by reporting him/her because it doesn't seem as if he/she really wants a pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment