09 May 2010

Variety IS the spice of life.

I suppose cliches become so for good reason: They often contain a lot of truth. I was looking for songs by an Arabic singer whose solo I'd admired in a Sting recording. (I don't care for Sting at all but "Desert Rose" has a few brief moments I love.) Unfortunately when singers gain some fame, too often their managers and the record companies homogenize their sound and their videos. Soon they seem just like a million other Western acts. There's something very sad, eerie, and frightening about the whole process.

What consoles me is the idea eventually people will rebel from and reject political correctness and the tyranny of conformity. Doing so may become quite ugly, though.

The fact I have time to think about something so trivial - but is it??? - may be proof I have a pretty good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment