15 February 2010

Cross your eyes and close your fingers... or something like that.

Well, the Netgear RP 614 router arrived today. I decided to buy it after suffering through several days wherein I endured ten or more Internet disconnections every eight hours or so. The accompanying CD offered very clear instructions and installation was somewhat easy. The router proved it was functioning properly by sending me to the Netgear page which urged me to install a firmware upgrade... which sent everything to hell. That would have been great but I'd already been there and didn't want to return.

After I waited on the phone a bit, a tech gave me some suggestions... which seemed to do no good. Then I did the usual "unplug, replug, restart" routine. Voila! Everything seems to be working fine. Now let's see if it lasts. (I suppose I should be glad that other router lasted as long as it did. I had it for two years and it was used when I got it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment